This is my take on the Korean beef bowl, but substituting leaner minced turkey for the beef. In this dish the mince is cooked with an onion, garlic and ginger base and flavoured with soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce. This results in a deeply savoury mince with a hint of sweetness. It is finished off with a garnish of spring onions, sesame seeds and chilli flakes for a restaurant quality dish that can be cooked within 20 minutes! Perfect for a tasty quick and easy mid-week meal.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Subscribe to receive email updates:
Korean-Style Turkey Mince Bowl Recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (I use light olive oil)
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- Thumb sized piece ginger grated
- 4 spring onions white part finely chopped (chop the green part and reserve for the garnish)
- 1 kg lean minced turkey
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp shaoxing rice wine
- 2 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 0.5 tsp ground black pepper
- sesame seeds
- chilli flakes
- chopped spring onion (the green part from the above)
- In a wok or sauté pan heat oil on a medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, approximately 5 minutes. I would recommend the Sky Light Wok Pan, it’s a versatile good quality wok, you can find out more about it here.
- Add the garlic, ginger and spring onion and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add in the turkey mince and mix well. Cook for 8 minutes stirring occasionally until brown.
- Add in the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, sesame oil and pepper. Stir well and cook for a further 3 minutes stirring regularly.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chilli flakes and spring onion.
- Served with steamed white rice and steamed broccoli.
- This dish is also perfect to take to work for lunch as it reheats really well in the microwave.