Prawns are such a quick and easy protein source for easy weekday meals. They are wonderful because they are awesome at absorbing the flavours of any herbs and spices they are mixed with. One of my go-to dinner recipes is cajun prawns cooked in the air fryer. They are succulent, full of flavour and literally take less than 10 minutes to cook in the air fryer.
This post may contain affiliate links. I may earn a small commission on any purchases made via these links at no additional cost to you. You can read my full disclaimer here.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Subscribe to receive email updates:
(see below for full list of ingredients)
- King Prawns: I use raw king prawns as I want them to be succulent once cooked.
- Cajun Spice Blend: I make my own spice blend from smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, mustard powder, ground all spice and ground ginger.
How To Make Air Fryer Cajun Prawns
Step One: Pre-heat the air fryer at 200 °C (400 °F) for 5 minutes. I use my Ninja Air Fryer
Step Two: Mix together 2 tsp smoked paprika, 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper, 0.5 tsp mustard powder, 1/8 tsp ground all spice and 1/8 tsp ground ginger.
Step Three: Pour 4 tbsp melted butter and the spice blend from the previous step over 500 g raw king prawns and mix well.
Step Four: Spread the prawns out in an even layer on the crisper tray. Cook for 4 minutes.
Step Five: Turn the prawns over and cook for a further 4 minutes.
How To Serve Air Fryer Cajun Prawns
- Serve with rice, lemon wedges and a garden salad.
Tips for Making Air Fryer Cajun Prawns
- Don’t overcook the prawns as they will become tough in texture.
Air Fryer Cajun Prawns Recipe
- 500 g raw king prawns
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 0.5 tsp mustard powder
- 1/8 tsp ground all spice
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200 °C (400 °F) for 5 minutes.
- Mix the spices together.
- Pour the melted butter and spices over the prawns and mix well.
- Spread the prawns out in an even layer on the crisper tray. Cook for 4 minutes. You might have to cook the prawns in two batches if your air fryer is small.
- Turn the prawns over and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
One thought on “Air Fryer Cajun Prawns”